Friday, December 09, 2005

Snakebit, or my horoscope is in retrograde...

Been having a bout of less than good luck these past few weeks, shit just keeps going south. I thought I was just snakebit; my dear friend tells me my horoscope is in retrograde. Just what does that mean anyway? The stars are against me? How can that be?

The latest bit of misfortune due to this retrograde crap involved the transmission of my beloved GMC Sierra, my baby. According to Mackey at the shop it's gonna cost a couple of grand$ to make it shift again; so my ride is getting a new transmission for Christmas. It'll be sooo happy.

For a brief, brief moment I thought well maybe Billy would get a new truck for Christmas but reality came back all too soon. This one's almost paid for and still looks like new, I take real good care of her. There was a time that I would have traded it in an instant and I thought about those days for a while and decided to count how many I have had in the years I've been driving. It's quite a list and I decided to honor them all here today, following is a list of the 21 cars/trucks I've had since turning 16 - 27 years ago. not one has ever been wrecked beyond repair, well that is till I wrote this here, I love tempting fate.

1971 Oldmobile Delta 88 - held 8 people and a cooler, great 1st car
1976 Chevy Chevette - parents thought I'd kill myself in the Olds, almost did with this one.
1961 Ford Falcon Futura - bought it for $100. sold it for $100.
1974 Plymouth Scamp - graduation present, dad bought it with a credit card
1967 Chevey Camaro - traded the Scamp for it, straight up
1974 Oldsmobile 442 - loved the swivel bucket seats
1984 Olds Cutlass - had to have a nice car for the new job
1983 Dodge pickup - needed a truck too
1986 Ford F150 XLT - hit by a drunk stripper before I ever made the 1st payment
1968 Lincoln Continental - suicide doors, loaded to the gills, another party car
1968 Ford Mustang Coupe - red, damn good looking car
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback - blue, damn fast car
1987 Dodge mini Ram cargo van - filled the need
1974 Ford Mustang II - not a real Mustang but I got a deal
1993 Ford Ranger - had to replace the cargo van on a budget
1993 Ford Mustang 5.0 GT - by far my nicest Mustang
1995 Plymouth Grand Voyager - kids, need I say more?
1997 Chevy Venture mini van - damn kids
1991 Chevy Silverado - play truck
2000 GMC Sierra - fucking transmission
1995 Chrysler LeBaron Convertible - for fun and the kid learning to drive
and you can add a 1974 Honda Elsinor trail bike, a 1983 Yamaha Maxim 650 and a 1997 Honda Shadow ACE 1100. I ride the 1100 now.

I was told regarding my transmission that's what I get for buying American; I just realized that except for the motorcycles, all my vehicles have been American made. I guess $2k for a transmission is better than $7,500, eh, BC.,

21 vehicles and 3 motorcycles in 27 years, I guess you could say I have a love affair with the automobile. The Sierra is the longest I have ever had one vehicle, just over 4 years; but I have the bike and the convertible to keep things fresh...

I really hope my truck likes it's new transmission, now what do I want for Christmas?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that list is longer than the number of men I've slept with, well almost! (giggle, giggle)

6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Though I'm not a Ford fan the 68 Fastback is a sweet ride!

7:15 PM  
Blogger Desireous said...

67 Camaro! Awesome!

Hugs
Des

12:19 AM  
Blogger Billy said...

BC - almost longer?

Bella - I can understand the not being Ford fan, but I love a mustang!

Des - the '67 was one of my favorites, it had some sexy curves!

9:09 AM  
Blogger Still Searching... said...

Whew! That's quite a list. And I thought I was bad! LOL.
:-)

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey ##NAME##, I was glad to come across your blog when I was searching for IMSA supercar videos information. But your blog caught me eye, and is one of the better ones out there. Good blog. Cheers! John ##LINK##

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there, ##NAME##, now that's what I call a blog with a difference. That's what so good about blogging, isn't it? Everyone does them differently. It takes a lot of time and effort to blog regularly. Thanks for the blog. John ##LINK##

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home