Thursday, May 04, 2006

HNT - Florida Style

Little bit of action in the old neighborhood yesterday afternoon, of the gator variety. There's a pond behind the house across the street and well, it's had some unwelcome tenants. We thought there was just one, yesterday the trappers pulled out two and think they missed the biggest one.

I was away when they pulled the first one out, he was already in the back of the truck when I got there. 6 footer, maybe 6'-6". Later, the trappers came back. They had set a hook with some nasty meat on it hanging at the water line, hadn't been 30 minutes since they left and this bad boy came after the bait and took the hook.

It took them about 10 minutes or so to get him to the shoreline and hit him with another hook and then wrestle him out of the water. He wasn't very happy about the whole ordeal but did take the time to smile for the camera.









We watched as they drug him up the bank and taped his mouth shut and covered his eyes. They left him tied to the back of a pickup truck for a bit and I decided to take advantage of it. So, what do y'all think of a new pair of alligator shoes? I think I'll just stick to my sneakers.









Happy HNT! Come play with the cool kids, click the HNT button over there to the right.

13 Comments:

Blogger L said...

WOW!
Great HNT-Florida Style!

9:20 AM  
Blogger erika said...

Holy Freakin Gator!!!

9:22 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

HHNT! I will take a gator purse!

9:24 AM  
Blogger MG said...

Sexy shot....
I'd say quite unique...

Damn alligators.

HHNT you brave pirate!

9:40 AM  
Blogger tm said...

Yikes. I hate alligators. Get your foot away from him!!!!! You are far braver than I.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Still Searching... said...

I don't think I could live in a place where something like THAT could end up in my back yard! Scariest thing I ever woke up to in my back yard was a coyote.

HHNT btw!

10:27 AM  
Blogger Suze said...

That's one hell of a tale. So glad we don't get those over in the UK.

Happy HNT ;)

1:17 PM  
Blogger Green Eyes said...

Woo Hoo! The Pirate's a brave, brave man!

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're like Indiana Jones!

5:19 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

ohhhh THATS scary!!! But sooo manly!! hehe

HHNT ;)

8:56 PM  
Blogger CP said...

*LMAO*

Only in Florida, Billy, right?

My question is this...

WHY didn't you make me a purse, shoes, wallet and belt for Mothers Day??? Geez. Some pirate. Not willing to share the booty. Heh.

CP.

11:37 PM  
Blogger Desireous said...

Man I'd never be able to sleep if I had gators in my neighborhood. I have a hard enough time here with the bears, but gators! Wow!

Hugs
Des

5:50 PM  
Blogger Ms. M said...

Hot shoes, hottah legs baby! Woo hoo! Grrrrrrrrrrowl!

4:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home