Sunday, January 15, 2006

God I love to paint!

Nothing can ruin the Sunday Morning Blues Cruise any more than fucking painting. Sundays are for coffee with Bailey's, the paper and blues; simply a tradition. Today, however, it is time to paint the newly installed crown moulding.

Coffee, with Baileys, was had along with the Sunday paper but now it's time for productive activity. I have the blues playing from the MP3 player, filling the house with the beautiful sounds of Muddy, BB, Johnny James, Johnny Lang, Clapton, Stevie Ray, etc, but this damn paint brush is just taking all the enjoyment out of it.


Now I can't begin to tell you how many times I've painted this fucking place and we've only been here 7 1/2 years. I would venture to say that the living/dining area has been done about 3 times and the family room, the fucking family room, well that's been done about 5, not counting the colors that we didn't stick with. I have more cans of paint that Sherwin Williams, I once maxed out the Behr rebate offer at Home Depot I bought so many damn cans of paint.

Thankfully I believe we've found colors that will stick for a while, I hope. First we had to coordinate with the furniture, then we had to find a color that would highlight the painting we bought at the art festival, then, well then, we just needed another color.

We were gonna do red in the family room, but it didn't look good. The next color was an golden orange? Then a green, then sponged, then paintd over again dammit. Now it's a nice shade of tan? Thank Ja that's all in the past, today we're just painting the crown moulding.


If you look to the right of the right column you'll see the original color we were going to paint it - this color matched the cabinets and the flooring. After careful review and consideration however this color did not make the cut. The soft light brown beige on the face of the columns did however, I just haven't moved enough fucking furniture to get to that side yet.

We making our way around the house, with one coat and then a second coat - gotta do it right. So now, when I'm done with the crown mould, I have to paint the base moulding to match, yee fucking ha! And ya know when we're done with that, it's time to touch up the wall paint where I got the trim paint on it; that and all the blue marks from the pool cue chalk, shit happens.

OK, enough fooling around for now, I'll bet the first coat is dry on the other half of the room.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Looking good Billy!

I have some painting I need done--you gonna' be in IL anytime soon?

;-)

9:24 PM  
Blogger CP said...

Heh. Billy.

You need to find a woman who is color blind.

CP.

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home