Thursday, July 27, 2006

HEY! it's Fuck You! Friday

Lots of folks were in contention to be the center of the Pirate's fury for this weeks edition of Fuck You! Friday. The competition was fierce, vicious and riotous even. But, there can only be one winner right? Wrong! First rule of Fuck You! Friday - there are no rules... just ask TG she'll back me up. So this week we got 2 or 3 winners of the wrath, depending on how you count it.

The first, and possibly second, Fuck Yous! (again, all in how you count or maybe it's just a group FU) head out to the former employer of my soul brother, Mr. Fabulous and the yet to be named rat fink who sold him out. Yesterday I had talked of Fab's unfortunate dismissal because his blog(?) created a hostile working atmosphere(?). I mean c'mon people, this blog is pure entertainment on a somewhat juvenile level... It's not called "Pointless Drivel" for nothing. While we can all feel sad for Fab, we should start be concerned for ourselves. The Pirate's always been a conspiracy theorist and his freedoms are held dear, hate to think that this could happen to anybody but if it happened to a guy as great as Mr. Fabulous it could happen to us. So on this Friday - A GREAT BIG FUCK YOU! to those responsible for this travesty. In the words of Brother Bob Marley - git up, stand up, stand up for your rights.

Now, in a somewhat lighter vein, a whole lot less preachy and in a great twist of Karma the next winner on this Fuck You! Friday. (Fab may even take heart with this one I'll bet) File under "The road ain't never so long..."

In January of '03, the Pirate was downsized by the worlds largest manufacturer of a certain product. On a Friday afternoon, while preparing to head to Lauderdale for my best bud's fathers funeral I was called and told that I had to be in my office for a meeting on Monday. I politely explained that I was going to be out of town and why. I was told that didn't matter and I had to be in my office at 11 am on Monday. Pisser, I needed to go be with my bud. But, understanding fellow that he is he told me to go to work, that his Dad would say that I needed to take care of my family. Which he would have...

When the corporate types arrived on Monday they wasted no time in telling my pregnant assistant and I that our office was being closed, effective immediately. There was no performance reason for this, simply a cost cutting measure and we'd get some severance pay and all. Clean out your stuff and sign this paper and have a nice life. What would have happened had I gone to the funeral - would they have fucking fired me??!?? In that paper I signed was a clause that I could never work for this company again - I wasn't the greatest corporate drone, just a guy who achieved great sales, apparently that's not enough though.

So, anyways, where I'm going is... The stupid bastards called me yesterday with a job offer... I got a call from a guy I knew there who told me they were looking for someone to do something in Florida and my name was floated, would I be interested? Whoa, you bet, I love you guys! NOT.
Told him I'd have to think about it. Called them back yesterday to tell them ain't no way in hell t I'd ever work for them again. I know how they treat their people, I used to be one. As a matter of fact the CEO of this company was recently quoted as saying "the people don't make the company, the company makes the people". What a schmuck.

So, to these complete fucking idiots, who think that they can fuck you over and then come back like nothing ever happened..... FUCK YOU! just think Fab, maybe you'll get an opportunity for personal satisfaction like that.

Ya know, I'm really starting to enjoy this Fuck You! Friday thing. I feel so much better...


In an unrelated matter, now that I have two trucks in my fleet doesn't that raise me from Captain... to Commodore? just thinkin, maybe I need a new hat...

14 Comments:

Blogger Hoochie Mama said...

That's right Commodore Billy... FUCK the rules! I love how you have taken full advantage of Fuck You! Friday. It makes you a #1 fucker in my book!

FUCK YOU corporate America!

9:38 AM  
Blogger Bite Me said...

Great FYF!! I wish I could have the satisfaction of telling a former employer that screwed me to fuck off like that!!

9:39 AM  
Blogger MG said...

I see you had enough fuck you's to share... both very well deserved though, and yes it's a great way start the weekend, flipping someone off and telling them what you REALLY think... and it's fucking FREE... (I think maybe you might owe TG and myself a drink or two though)

Have a FUCKING good day...
I'll have to think about the promotion though...

10:06 AM  
Blogger April said...

Eh...I like Captain Billy much better, Pirate.

"Fuck you"s all around to the assholes that continue to try and make our lives a living hell. They'll never succeed...the bastards.

You know, I would enjoy a much more fun "fuck you" Friday, though...Heh.

have a good weekend, sugar.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Fuck Corporate America! I dont believe in being a drone anyways. I fight the power everyday. I worked for a large computer company that did big layoffs in 2000. I was one of the many layoffs. Went back a month later, like an idiot. Got laid off again 2 months later and never went back. And I refuse to buy thier fucking computers. There! THat will show you!!

10:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh and April, it's good to see you are back and doing better.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Professor Fate said...

I would have told Fuckheads,inc. that i would love to talk about the job, but some Fuckheads muckity muck asshat made me sign a contract saying that I would never work for Fuckheads,inc. again. Too bad. So sad. Love ya. Bubye.

Have a fucking great weekend.

12:07 PM  
Blogger erika said...

Hear Hear Billy! I big Fuck you to Corporate America!

Luv Bob Marley! Sing it Billy

12:43 PM  
Blogger Green Eyes said...

Fuck You Fridays are so great! Hope you have a fucktastic weekend, Captain!

I'm with April, sorry!

2:16 PM  
Blogger Philip said...

There you go Billy. Multiple Fuck You's. I love it.

Happy Fuck You Friday dude

2:21 PM  
Blogger Still Searching... said...

Hey hon, any excuse to get a new hat! I like hats. :-)

And I like Fuck You Friday too!

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site Working stopped celexa http://www.cpus-7.info/pentium_cpu_upgrade.html http://www.discount-software-6.info/Practicemanagementsoftwaremedical.html free polyphonic ringtones Prozac spotlight.org Black jack michigan resort ski blackberry reaches settlement new generation of 64k bit cpus pentium 30 gigabyte cpu Gerber 4b vinyl plotters instructions Electric power washers Off shore merchant account retail black body builders men

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home