Monday, August 13, 2007

now that was a good time.

Okay, here ya go, in no particular order, cuz officially I'm still on vacation, some various pictures from the trip to Anna Maria this weekend. This is our room, well part, there was a separate bedroom and the couch folded out, two bathrooms, way cool with three women and a small kitchen.

Birds on the beach, all weekend.

Count over third from the left, bottom row, that's the room.

doo, doo doo, looking out my backdoor.

Kids in the pool, lens was foggy...
For three days, this was the view that set the tone for my morning coffee; well, that and a heavy shot of Baileys.

C'mon. Me? At the beach? But of course there was Corona, I mean really.

But wait, there's more. The aforementioned Baily's, the typical Rum Runner mix and a bottle of Riesling and most importanly, the ke ke. What is that you ask? If you like Key Lime Pie, you're gonna love this stuff. Chill it, you may want to top a shot with whipped cream, yeah, it's good.
And of course, the Pirate's own Pina Colada recipe.

And my cake, German Chocolate. yum

Saw a few of these, beautiful sunsets, and a thunderstorm at night over the water as well. I love the little boy in this pic, playing in the tidal pool - did a lot of that myself. Happens when you get to be 8 years old for a while.

And to those of you that worry about me, I really took all the days off, I relaxed, I got f*cking drunk, I got indebriated, I got sleep, I played in the water and I did it all again the next day. No work whatsoever, not even a voice mail.

brought home a new sign for the lanai as well

"If you're lucky enough to be at the beach, you're lucky enough"

5 Comments:

Blogger erika said...

Happy Be-lated birthday! Glad you enjoyed it

9:33 AM  
Blogger April said...

*what Erika said!*

Love the photos, sugar...glad you got some drink, some rest and some fun. You def. deserve it!

That ke ke sounds yum...And you're gonna have to fix me a pina colada after Ian gets here. :)

2:15 PM  
Blogger ATLLG said...

Captn...so I missed the Birthday...and to think I had a whole barrel of rum....but not anymore.....ha....hope it was a good.

Have a late one for yourself!

5:43 PM  
Blogger Evening said...

Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday dear Billy. Happy Birthday to you.

I am so glad you took time to relax and enjoy life a bit.

Birthday Hugs.
xo

11:20 AM  
Blogger Still Searching... said...

Aaaaahhhhh, it looks SO delicious! The room, the view, the beach, the goodies, EVERYTHING!

And a Happy Belated Birthday to YOU! Sorry I missed it. :-(

xoxo

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home