Thursday, June 07, 2007

Finally

A chance to sit down, and not behind the steering wheel. Since Monday am I have driven nearly 950 miles. Monday to St. Augustine and back, around Tampa on Tuesday. Wednesday back to St. Augustine then today back from there through Orlando.
No special reason for Tuesday's Sinatra clip, just feeling beat up and left for dead for the day. Love to blast that song when things aren't the way they should be, reminds me why I was in the situation I was in. Cuz I did it "my way". And it wasn't the wrong way, I just bit off more than I could chew it would seem.
I just have a look at the books and gaze at the bottom line - more often than not that cheers me up. Pisser is it's all in receivables on not in my damn bank account. To give you an idea of how much I've taken on and grown... current receivables under 60 days are about 10 grand less than last years total revenue. Not bad eh?
Now things have settled down and seem to be under control - for the next hour or two anyway - maybe, I hope, please. Tomorrow I'm gonna fly to Charlotte (if I can find my flight info).

Headed there to watch my niece graduate from high school.

(that's not her - she hasn't graduated yet...)
Gonna be some family in, so there'll be lots of food. And if I have any say in the matter, there'll be a few (read 79) of these as well.


Maybe, just maybe I'll get to relax for a couple of days. Wonder if I remember how.
Everybody - just have a damned fantastic weekend, Pirate's orders.


7 Comments:

Blogger just some dude said...

I'll be drinking tonight! It's my first day off since last Monday. Btw, I'm back at my blog, stop by.

4:08 PM  
Blogger tm said...

gosh Billy, it sounds like your business is really successful. But remember you need to take care of yourself too. Leave yourself a little time to relax.
Enjoy the weekend.
xo
TME

10:09 PM  
Blogger Charlie said...

Hey Billy....just wanted to say thanks so much for your comment on my page. You dont know how much that meant to me. Maybe its because you've been through it. but just a hearty thanks. xx

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! :-)

2:10 PM  
Blogger tm said...

Hello,
Are you there?? Billy, it is time to check in. Or you will start to worry some of us.
Hope you are lounging in your pool with a margarita and that is why you can't post.
Just checking in.
xo
TME

11:49 AM  
Blogger Charlie said...

so how'd your weekend go?

4:48 PM  
Blogger Charlie said...

Hey. SO. Why are you in need of sleep?? and why isnt that hammock getting used? questions questions..

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home