Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Don't tell me what you CAN'T do...


Tell me what you can do for me.

It's that effin simple people.

I've got 6 guys on the road, in two trucks. That takes a lot of damned gas, and, if you haven't noticed, gas is getting damned expensive. I used to just give the boys cash to fill up but that got to be a hassle, especially with one crew driving 220 miles round trip everyday to a job in Orlando.

I gave that crew a credit card with a $500 limit so they could get fuel without constantly bothering me for cash. Smart enough I thought. I've been keeping tabs on the card online and when it'd get close to the limit I'd pay it and let them start over.

They brought me the card this morning and said it didn't work, limit was reached. I'd just payed $500 on it on June 15th, I'd paid $475 two weeks before that. That's almost a grand inside of 30 days. I went online today to make a payment and I'd been hit with an overlimit fee.

To be fair, we did go over the limit, no getting around that. But $29 fee for it is ridiculous, I'd been making payments all along, not the minimum mind you but the whole damn balance. Just so happened that the card doesn't work that way. It's what you spend in the cycle that counts.

I called the company, it rhymes with Capital One... and asked that they lose the fee and I'd make the payment there and then and I wanted to talk with someone about raising the limits. All the punk kid could do was tell me he couldn't do anything for me, I had reached the collections department since I was overlimit. Crap. I made the payment, $703 right on the spot, while I was talking to him and he still couldn't do anything for me.

I told him, don't keep telling me what you can't do, tell me what you can do for me. I want the fee tossed and the limit raised, I have a great credit history that shouldn't be a problem. CAN'T DO IT. Okay so pass me to someone who can. CAN'T DO IT. Give me to customer service, CAN'T DO IT, they won't talk to you while the account is in collections. COLLECTIONS? But I've paid the bill, in full, every two weeks. Doesn't matter, it won't post till tomorrow, call back then. Do you want me to keep this card or cut it up I asked, we want you to keep it he said, then help me out here. CAN'T DO IT.

Then let me talk to a supervisor, can you do that? He wanted to know why? Are you fucking kidding me? No offense to any call center operators out there but every now and then, let go of the script, think for yourselves and help a guy out. I'm not a delinquent, I'm a damned busy guy, I ain't got time to call back tomorrow dammit. I have right now to deal with it, and right now only. We're both on the phone, let's work this out, k?

CAN'T DO IT. It was then that I presented my very controlled and pissed off customer act. Lo and behold, he passed me to a supervisor, who looked over my account history, sterling as it is, and decided to forgo the fee. WOOT! WOOT! Hot damn, now was that so tough? I mean, they control the card, why did they cut it off at $675 and not at $500 as is the limit. OOOH, OOOH, I know, they wanted to make another fucking fee. Bastards.

So, I got aggravated as hell, and only saved $29. I still have to call back tomorrow and see about having the limit raised. Ah, but therein lies the rub. I cut the fucking card to pieces. Yeah, I'm kinda that way. I have this quaint little notion that I'm the customer and the vendor is supposed to want my business and take care of me. When they don't, I take my business elsewhere.

So, I'll dig through the ole bag 'o credit cards and give the boys another, from another company, maybe with a higher limit. There's more than one way to fill a truck.

Okay, I'm done now, and yes, I feel better. Hope y'all have a great Wednesday, and ATL LG, be happy man, you don't have to look at my white ass any more.

12 Comments:

Blogger Green Eyes said...

Well, if Atlanta's happy....

lol

Stupid credit card companies! I'd have cut it up too!

Now, take it easy man, or I'm going to have to take a trip to kick your ass! Maybe I'll stop to pick Lifeguard up along the way. That could be fun!

9:56 PM  
Blogger Charlie said...

LOL! Love that you cut the card up. Am feeling v aggravated on your behalf after reading that post!

5:22 AM  
Blogger erika said...

Hey is Green Eyes is coming to see you AND picking up Atlanta on the way I am in!!


I cut up all my credit cards well except one.

9:21 AM  
Blogger ATLLG said...

OK...first I'm like getting all fired up with you...I just paid one off for SomeOne, over $1,300 of it and they couldn't send me statement until next month showing me it was paid. ASSHOLES!
CLOSED IT.

But the statement at the end made me laugh out loud.

Let's go GE, actually I might head down to StA within the next few weeks. ROAD TRIP!

1:31 PM  
Blogger ATLLG said...

and we'll take the Penguin also!

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have two credit cards. Or did rather. One kept raising my limit whenever I got near the end, without being asked. Were very friendly whenever I did call with questions, and did whatever was needed to make me happy. The other, the one that BRAGGED about their customer service, kept adding charges that made no sense, and didn't know how to explain them when I called to find out what they were. Messed up my statements constantly, and "lost" payments occaisionally too. Whenever I called them, they were more than friendly, but yeah, CAN'T DO THAT was heard everytime. That one I cut up.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Green Eyes said...

WOO HOO!!!!

Road trip! You know I'm always up for trouble, and if my Twin's with us, we're destined for trouble!

Pirate knows this from experience! hee hee

9:34 PM  
Blogger Billy said...

Cool beans people, I get pissed off, have a hissy fit and it's cause for a party!

GE, ATL LG and Erika - bring it on. The beers should be sufficiently chilled when you get here, I'll put them on ice now.

Charlie, didn't mean for you to get aggravated, guess my rants can be kind of infectious. Maybe somebody can hop across the pond and bring you along for the party too.

SS - what is it w/ people and "can't do that". When I'm in a mood I will not take no for an answer, "can't do that" is the last thing I need to hear.

9:44 AM  
Blogger just some dude said...

Hey it's Tuesday! Where's the free boobies?!

8:34 AM  
Blogger Charlie said...

whee oh where have you disappeared to....

5:51 AM  
Blogger Felix and Melissa said...

came to say HHNT but..erm..well HHNT anyway ;)

8:40 AM  
Blogger beautiful face said...

You are cracking me up with that "it rhymes wit Capital One" bit.

Seriously. I'm in my room, windows open because that's what we do in Seattle in the summer and I'm laughing my ass off!!

I need to read you more often babe and get a laugh out of your misery.

And by the way, I seriously do not understand the concept of a going over limit and why that is a big deal. Did they NOT make their 4-6% from the merchant on that transaction?

And if you were over limit, why did the f'ing transaction happen anyway?

The "just bend over and take it like a man VISA". We need a card that at least has the balls to speak the truth.

aka bellacara

1:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home