Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Just one more day...

Until the "Keys Weekend Review", promise, really, I mean it.

Tuesday was a muther of a day with being back to work and to cap it off we almost plum forgot about Willie. Not sure how you can do that but we did, Tuesday night was Willie Nelson at the Strawberry Festival. Down the road a piece is a quaint little town called Plant City, it's about 1988 there. Used to be 1983 a year or two back but now they've got a Lowe's and a Sonic's so they're moving forward in time.

And if you didn't know, Plant City, Florida is the winter strawberry capital of the world - and they take this pretty seriously around here. Every spring is the annual Strawberry Festival, good times; it's a huge carnival/fair type of thing with a Strawberry Queen and little Strawberry Princesses and Strawberry recipe contests and you get the picture.

One of my favorite parts is the series of concerts they have. These folks work their tail off to get some good acts to come into this town and put on shows for cheap. Only this year have tickets gotten to be more than $10/15 and we've seen some cool folks; mostly country music but hey - It's Plant City.

Last night was Willie Nelson, yup, Willie Nelson and it was fantastic. The man started at about 7:45 and never talked really and played til almost 9:30. No small talk, no "how ya doin' Plant City", just one song after another after another. This man's been writing music since what the 50's? He really never had to stop, he probably could have played for days. Willie's unique voice and way of playing the guitar are just cool. The show was one of the best I've seen out there, and I definitely got my $20 worth of entertainment, no doubt.

Going back Sunday for Trace Adkins (yeah, MG, honkytonkbadonkadonk) and Big & Rich. The Mrs. wants to drool over Trace and, well, Big & Rich is gonna be a party. Before you think you've lost me to country music though let me remind you that next Tuesday is Nickelback at the Ice Palace.

Keys tomorrow I promise! Pirate's Honor.

10 Comments:

Blogger L said...

Whew that was a close call about the country music even though I am a rock n roll gal I like Willie.

8:33 AM  
Blogger Green Eyes said...

Glad you enjoyed Willie. I wouldn't mind drooling on Trace either!

9:35 AM  
Blogger MG said...

Billy, you won't believe this but I know Plant City, been there a few times, and hey, they have an APPLEBEES too (ate there last time)

But I LMAO @ 1988, so true, so true

....I've been to the Alligator Farm too ;)

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd love to join your wife to drool over Trace too. That guy has got such a body on him. I'm sure he's nothing though compared to you, my Billy. ;)

Felt like I needed to suck up for a minute. I'm over it.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Billy said...

mg- what the hell were you doing in Plant City?

Thanks for trying who, appreciate the effort.

I guess Trace is a hunk, we'll wait to see what Mr. Fabulous says - he has a list.

11:35 AM  
Blogger MG said...

Billy, it's just a small small world :)

12:00 PM  
Blogger MG said...

and ummm...I'd have to skip Trace, but Nickelback, I'd see

12:01 PM  
Blogger April said...

Damn...I am SO jealous. I LOVE Willie Nelson...and Trace is SO worth drooling over...

and you know how much I love Nickelback.

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

take me to nickleback!!!

their albums are so well produced...

12:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... » » »

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home