Friday, November 10, 2006

Take a minute


Busy as ever don'tcha know. The boss's visit came and went, successfully, thank ja. Or thank me for being ever the diplomat. Seems that my biz and my employer can peacefully co-exist and mutually profit from one anothers existence. Now that that's over life can continue.

I'm gonna skip out on FuckYou! Friday this week except maybe a little FuckYou! to the ultra conservative bastards that lost on Tuesday. Seems the country may have just woken up a bit, too damn bad it took so fucking long. It'll be nice to have a little oversight in our nations capital now instead of a rubber stamp to whatever King George wants to do. Yeah, the new contingent may go a little overboard but as they say "payback is a bitch".

I do love this country though, I have to thank my high school government teacher for that. It is still the greatest country on the face of the planet. Nowhere do you have the freedoms that we have here, and maybe, just maybe, now we'll get back a few of the liberties that have been hijacked in the name of false security - but hey I refrain from politics here - most of the time.

Take a minute today to remember and thank our vets for providing security to this great nation and for all that they have endured, suffered and lost in defending this nation. There are many in my family alone, and in the neighborhood in which I live. Being not far from McDill Air Force base here in Tampa I live with many of these fine men and women and today I want to thank them for all that they do, I know it isn't easy but they do a fine job.

So, today, thank you to the men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present. I salute you!

4 Comments:

Blogger MG said...

Glad to hear things are going well...
been missing you.
a lot...
:)

9:09 AM  
Blogger erika said...

Thanks for reminding us Billy! Have a great weekend. Glad to hear everything is good.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Veterans Day!! I did a small post about it too. Hope you have a wonderful weekend

3:07 PM  
Blogger tm said...

standing and saluting right next to you Billy. I also send out my respect and thanks to our veterans.
Glad all went well with the boss.
Have a nice weekend Pirate.

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home