Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Amusing Anecdote Time

If you recall, Sweetpea turned 16 last Monday. I promised to take her to get her driver's license before we went to the Keys cause she thought Friday was the 4th of March. Here in FLA you must have your temporary for a full year before the state will issue you your permanent license.

We got up early and went to the office and got in line. When we reached the window, Sweetpea gave the lady her info and we waited while the woman looked her up in the system. After a few moments the woman stood up and looked at my baby with a sad, sorrowful look and said, "I'm so sorry honey, you have to wait ONE MORE DAY; today is the 3rd, tomorrow is the 4th."

The look of sheer disappointment on her face was not hard to miss, and a few people there who heard what the deal was were feeling sorry for her too. But her dad, while feeling sorry for his baby. was laughing like a hyena on the inside...

Okay, so maybe it's not that amusing, but c'mon, I'll bet you chuckled... I did.

Yeah, she thinks I'm an asshole too.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is funny babe.

In my old blog, I wrote about my DMV experiences with my sweetpea and how she almost didn't pass the driving part of the test.

And the characters in the DMV...are there not any normal people there?

12:38 AM  
Blogger Still Searching... said...

How very crushing, no? Especially when you're that age.
:-)

2:32 PM  
Blogger Ms. M said...

Billy you are such a bad ass! Laughing at your poor lil sweetpea!

If I had been Sweetpea with you as my pop I would have knocked your nuts to your neck.

NO laughing!

Luv ya anyway!

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home