Monday, June 12, 2006

Rock me like a Hurricane?


First I would like to say thank you to all who left their condolances for my Uncle Jake. He was a great guy and probably my favorite out of the whole mess of 'em. Again, thank you...

Now, what the hell is this?? Tropical Storm Alberto? As of 11:00 am this morning, we were placed under a hurricane warning, YEEHAW! Seems our newest immigrant may just make hurricane strength here shortly; he was 70 miles per hour at 11 am, all he needs is another 4 mph and it'll be official, our first hurricane of the year.

Got the crew started on a job in New Tampa this morning, not before being soaked entirely to the bone and almost burying the truck in the mud - it's been a great Monday so far! The storm was supposed to make landfall tomorrow morning now it's looking like tomorrow evening; these things change so fast it'll drive you crazy trying to keep up.
No need yet to board the windows or get into fist fights over bottled water and plywood but hey, it's only the first storm of the year.

We're about right on par with last year so far. On June 10th of 2005 my cousin Andy, his now wife Suzie and I braved a Tropical Storm Warning (Arlene) and watched The Black Crowes and Tom Petty in the wind and rain at the Ampitheater, good times. Nice to know that some things can just be counted on.

Still beats the hell out of snow sayeth the Pirate! Unless it blows the house down I don't have to shovel a thing...

5 Comments:

Blogger erika said...

I am so sorry for your Uncle.
Hurricanes or snow?? I pick snow!

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I'd vote for snow first, too.

1:44 PM  
Blogger MG said...

hey Billy, I don't shovel snow either ;)

6:00 PM  
Blogger April said...

Yeah, I'd pick snow if I had to...but where I'm at we don't deal with either, not really...:)

Come on up, Pirate...

7:05 PM  
Blogger L said...

Bring on the wind and rain.
No snow!
No snow!
No snow!

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home