Thursday, January 31, 2008

and now for something completely different

These weren't supposed to be an HNT, I found and scanned the pics on Sunday. Fully meant to post this earlier in the week but the time just slips away don't it.

Here's a little retro blast from the past for the crew. Travel back with me if you will, the year is 1980; damn that seems like a long fucking time ago eh? In some way's it is, but in others it's yesterday. 1980 for the pirate was my senior year at THS; my alma mater, nestled comfortably somewhere along the Ohio river. Small town USA, 600 kids in the school, 125 in my senior class. One of those places where everybody knows everybody... that's a story in itself.

This story on the other hand is Senior Prom, eh, not a story really, more like a couple old pics. I found them Sunday while looking for something completely unrelated and thought them to be entertaining, maybe y'all will to. Hell, if nothing else, laugh at the clothes, I did. The crowd here are my bros from high school, best of friends for years. We had our own lunch table, a club all to ourselves, and we invented clubs so we had more opportunities to get our mugs in the yearbook.

We were the guys in the hall reciting the Rocky Horror Picture Show between classes, scenes from Saturday Night Live (the good stuff with the Not Ready for Primetime Players) and loads of Monty Python. At talent show time we performed Chicago's "Beginnings", a skit with the characters from Mash and a most excellent version of Samuri Photomat, I got to be Belushi - kimono, sword, ponytail, oh yeah.

On your left is Doug and his date Kelly, Doug did the army, some PI work and has fallen off the radar.

Below is Randy. Not sure where his date is, matter of fact I don't remember who it was. I do remember he had one though - only goes to show I haven't lost it entirely. Oh yeah, last check he was selling insurance.





On the left are Paul and Barb. Paul grew up to be a police officer.

Down here is Jim and Teresa. I have the most contact with Jim, he's an entreprenuer like myself. He's had a manufacturing company and then chased his dream of a music store.











Last but not least, yours truly and my high school sweetheart Debbie. She's a nurse now and well, y'all know I grew up to be a pirate. Looking at this I think that I really wouldn't mind having some of that hair back.

Well, there you go, Senior Prom 1980. And almost the entire cast of the Infamous Plebney Bro's, ah, those were the days.

Have a great Friday peoples. Garrr.

8 Comments:

Blogger Evening said...

OMG, these pictures are so cute. The clothes and the hair are priceless. I was married in 1981 (Graduated high school in 77.) I remember the tux with those big bow ties and the big collar and ruffle shirts. Remember all the light blue ones. You look just adorable but I think you are just as cute (I mean ruggedly handsome) now.
Thanks for taking me back in time today.
xo

6:51 PM  
Blogger Green Eyes said...

You're such a stud!

8:12 PM  
Blogger ATLLG said...

those are classics.... and hell no I'm not about to do that type of post... no way in hell. Shit I had an AFRO of all hairdos!

8:59 PM  
Blogger April said...

awwwww....i LOVE these photos. :)

1:16 PM  
Blogger Still Searching... said...

:-)

Love it!

11:02 AM  
Blogger Evening said...

I didn' get my VALENTINE!!!!! Dont you love me anymore????

Post please.
xo

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just stopping by to say hello.

So...

Hello.

How are you doing Sir Pirate?

2:56 AM  
Blogger just some dude said...

Hey! Update this thing, we know you're busy and all, but still!

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home