Tuesday, January 22, 2008

man, did y'all get lucky...

I said that I missed FuckYou Fridays, then came the FuckMe Friday. I came on here the other day to write about what a fucking disaster Friday was and before I knew it I was 8 paragraphs deep into a mindless, although highly entertaining, Billy rant and no where near finished; y'all didn't really need that so I'll spare the details and give ya the highlights.

Had a job at the local airforce base, install some TV mounts on the walls. No big deal right? Ya think? Told the guys they'd be searched top to bottom to get access to the base, not just them but the truck and maybe even the material boxes. I say just don't have anything questionable in the truck, if you think it may cause a problem, take it out. Now, the important part of this is I told them this 3 times the afternoon before and twice that morning. So, tell me what the fuck do you think happened.

Had to be classic right? I mean for me to writing about it and all. Well, yeah, it is. We have a saying around here for what happened, it's called "A Special Kind of Stupid". Seems that just prior to arriving at the base, like 2 blocks prior, the guy driving the truck REALIZES he has some weed in the truck. Yep, that's what I said, weed in the truck. Now never mind the fact that he shouldn't have weed in the company truck, nor anyway mind you cuz that stuff is illegal, or so I hear. He tries to hide the shit in the truck, IN THE TRUCK, the one I told him would be SEARCHED. Yep, special kind of stupid. He thinks he can hide a half ounce of weed from an air force search team. The kind with guns, and dogs, and shit. Yep, special kind of stupid.

Long story short, they never got on the base, they did get banned for life and the driver is not only waiting to hear from the states attourney's office about what charges will be filed he also lost his job. Hated to do it, he was my favorite, just couldn't justify being able to keep him after that. That in itself is amazing, I can usually justify anything, big part of being a boy.

Okay, so that was how the day started. Mid day I signed a lease on a new office/warehouse space. Little further from home but everything will be in one spot and I save a few hundred a month. Cool.

Okay, now you get to hear about how the day ended. Sweet Pea totalled another fucking car. Yes, she is alright, just shaken up, thanks for asking. Seems she tried to make a left turn and didn't see the car COMING AT HER. She got plowed, got hit dead on the passenger rear tire and spun 180 degrees. She came through surprisingly well, the car, not so much.

That's two for her, not good (here's the story on the first, it has a pic of the Tbird too). Probably gonna get our insurance cancelled. I love her and all but can I fire her too (?) she's a liability. Next car will be a five hundred dollar pos, and she's gonna have to pay for it and her own damn insurance policy too.

So, Friday kinda (read severely) sucked but I damn sure made up for it Saturday. Had people over, jello shots, beers, wine, ganja - it's different from weed, it's imported - a bonfire and guitars and blues harps and a few people who weren't afraid to sing. Damn good time, I needed that, it'd been way too long. I love chasin people out at 3 in the morning. Y'all should come over next time and hang.

6 Comments:

Blogger Evening said...

You life is never dull!!!

I am so glad your daughter is alright. Everyone of my kids had to be on high risk insurance because of accidents and tickets. It gets exhausting always dealing with the next kid crisis, doesn't it? I know I would look and feel alot younger if I hadn't become a parent :) But then again, most days, I am happy I had them.

Wishing you more peaceful days.

Pass the jello shots, please.

11:32 PM  
Blogger DH said...

Dude...that really was a Fuck You Friday.

And the guy w/the weed? What the fuck was he thinking?!

You'll be telling that story for years to come.

12:37 PM  
Blogger CP said...

I will take you up on the invite eventually!

CP

6:23 PM  
Blogger just some dude said...

That is one fucked up Friday. :-) You know, I think I do the same work as you, and your weather is a whole lot warmer down there, it was 9 below zero on my ride in this morning. I may have to think about a trip to Fla. Oh, and I don't keep the hooch in the truck either. ;-)

5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, Just returned from Sunny(somewhat) Florida. At least a lot warmer than(somewhere North of the Ohio River). OK, aaaaaaaalot warmer. Any how.....I was lookin for work...wait a second.....a less expensive supply of Bacardi 151...which would save me a lot of work! Anyways...iffin, we all showed up at Billy's, there wouldn't be enuf Jello in the Hottub. Just kiddin'. Good to hear from you....You remind me of you, or whatever? We don't live in a perfect world!?!. God, I miss you Evening!!!!!

7:02 PM  
Blogger Still Searching... said...

Holy!

Life just sucks sometimes, no?

Glad Sweetpea is alright.

(my word verification = fqck, pretty appropos!)

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home