Monday, August 28, 2006

Classical Pirate Fare

No parties this weekend but plenty to keep a pirate busy...

The wifes son, well, I guess I claim him too, left to go back to his Dad's in New Hampshire Friday night. He had come down to spend the summer with us and work with my crew and I have to say that I'm impressed with how he's turning out. He lived with us til he was 13 and then went to New Hampshire - we thought it would be a more wholesome environment than Lauderdale. woops.

Tears flowed, sadness abounded and the wife accidentally dropped her keys in his car so I had to chase him down. Luckily he stopped for gas and I caught him before he got to the interstate. I took the time to tell him that I was proud of how he had grown up and then sent him on his way. His sisters miss him terribly too, they were very happy to have him around for a couple months.

Saturday I had to work with the crew in Orlando since the boy blew town. The boys missed him too. We worked till about 6 to get our work done before their inspection this morning. Love getting to play with my tools, it's a distraction from being in this office all day. But fuck I must me getting old, I was a hurtin Saturday night.

Sunday the wife and I had a date. We went to the majestic old Tampa Theater to see a silent movie. Yeah, I said a silent movie. I was thinking we'd do something and then saw this in the paper Sunday morning.

Was way cool. The Black Pirate was made in 1926 and accompanied by a woman named Rosa Rio on the organ. Apparently Rosa has been accompanying silent films on the organ since the 30's which would probably make her older than the movie.

Kinda cheesey in parts and the special effects are nothing like today for sure but it was a cool way to kill a Sunday afternoon. And in the end, the pirate got the girl. And you thought that was only for cowboys.

It's good to know that not all pirates are drunken, slovenly, ne'er do wells and check out this pic, The Black Pirate's sexy is falling out... wondered where I got that from.

And a big thanks to all that offered to keep my ass in line after my FU! Friday post. I'll be looking forward to those boots in the ass when necessary and will probably start Business Report Wednesday this week. For an early cheer it's been reported that we are in line for at least a $56 k contract on one of the bids submitted the week of my birthday.

Have a great week y'all!

6 Comments:

Blogger MG said...

I happen to think that's just damn cool.

Congrats on the good news, hope the contract comes through for you...

you know with a new Wednesday obligation to your blog, sounds like you'll soon be back to full time blogging
(which makes me happy btw, I miss the pirate when he's too busy to play)

9:58 AM  
Blogger April said...

Sounds like a good weekend, all in all, Pirate. Happy for you...:)

Keep us updated on that contract and business reports...we'll keep you in line.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I made sure that we will get the contract. Man my knees are sore. :0)

I love Silent Movies. THat is awesome that you took your wife. And telling your stepson that you were proud of him prolly made his day.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Leigh said...

I love good positive reading. I am glad you had a great weekend. Silent movie who would have thunk that!!

Hope you are having a great day. `

3:51 PM  
Blogger Green Eyes said...

WOO HOO! CONGRATS!!!! I'm so damn happy for you, Pirate!

Keep those bid winners coming!

Glad you and your beautiful wife got some time alone!

11:01 PM  
Blogger ATLLG said...

Hey I sense a trend here of being a good ol' Pirate.

Good dad, good boss, good husband....wait doing something wrong every once in a while at least!

Nice contract...about that 10% kick uhh I mean commision.

Hey, and stay safe down there. Make sure to take the time to roll up the sail and get the crew safe when necessary.

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home