Friday, August 25, 2006

It's FuckYou! Friday


The recipient of today's FuckYou! Friday is someone near and dear to my heart. Someone I have known my entire life, someone who is closer to me than anyone else in this whole wide world and knows me better than anybody. Today's FuckYou! is for me.

Yep, that's right, Fuck Me. Or if I can step out of character for this morning - Fuck you Billy! I was kinda hiding this week. From commenting, talking to people, and pretty much everything else, including work. I had a few people trying to cheer me up cuz they thought I was in a bad mood and needed it. What I told them I needed was a swift kick in the ass. I know what I need.

I've been lost, swimming in a sea of deadlines, bid dates and plans. I'm losing a crew member today as well. That only helps more. I come in here everyday and look at all the shit that needs done and just freeze. I don't know where to start; the bids, the financials (which really need done) the promotional work, oh, and let's not forget my real job - that needs done too. Losin it people, I was just effin losin it. Thought about just calling it quits. I could close it down today, lose a few deposits and after all the bills are paid still make a nice addition to my bank account. But WTF? That ain't me, I just need a swift kick in the ass and every little thing will be alright.

Hence, this FuckYou! is for me. I know what the hell I am doing, I know how to do it, I know why I'm doing it. All I gotta do is fucking do it. So Billy, get off your ass and get to work. Set a few goals, set a few of your own deadlines and make that damned list you're always talking about just so you can cross a few things off every day, even if inconsequential, just cross them off. You'll actually feel like you're accomplishing something which will lead to you actually accomplishing something. Never lose sight of the prize you stupid sonofabitch, you know why you did this, you know what you want out of it. You're NEVER gonna get it sitting around whining like a silly little girly man (no offense girls). Good things come to those who wait - Great things come to those who get off their ass and make something happen. That's you, remember that! Now get to fucking work.

We just may see the incarnation of Billy's Business Report Wedneday. Wednesday's are kinda boring, it may behoove me (ooh, cool word) to put myself out there. I think I may start posting the weeks bids, bookings and billings for the world to see. Y'all can kick my ass when nothing's happening. I've set some lofty goals for this little venture of mine but there's nobody around but me to see that I hit what I need to hit and call me on it when I don't. Y'all wanna play with me here? It's called "game theory". One is a lot more likely to accomplish their goals when they face total humiliation for not achieving them. Help a pirate out, I succeed, I throw a real party for all my blogger friends; I fail, y'all can laugh in my face... That way I'll succeed, I know how tough y'all can be.

*******************************************
Have a great fuckyou friday everybody, feel free to chime in and kick my ass, tell me to quit bitching and just get to it. You can even enjoy it, but only for today. Next week, I'll kick back.

8 Comments:

Blogger Hoochie Mama said...

Fuck You Billy! :) I know what you mean when you just stare at everything and just can't figure out where to start. That's how I am.

Have a great FUCKING weekend!

10:22 AM  
Blogger erika said...

Well Fuck you Billy snap out of it already!

10:31 AM  
Blogger L said...

For today only quit your bitching!

10:36 AM  
Blogger MG said...

I'll be your accountability partner ;)

I have to warn you though...
I'm easily persuaded to let you down easy...

We are our own worst critics, but then again, we know ourselves best right, and when we let ourselves down it pisses us off... at... yep, OURSELVES and that's just tough to make excuses for, we know the truth.

so, yep, BILLY, get your ass in gear doing what you know you should do or you'll be walking your own plank....

that or be spanked ;)

Have a great FUCKING weekend.

10:39 AM  
Blogger April said...

Okay, Billy...get your ass in gear.

I told ya that I'd come down there just to kick it for you...

So, now get up and DO what you know you can do.

Cowboy up, sugar.

And post those goals...I'll hold you to 'em. I don't let anyone off easily. :)

10:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Psst!! Hey Boss!! over here!!

SPANK!!!

You better get your shit in gear or I will be out of a job and we will be having none of that. Get yo shit in gear now.

Kisses

11:53 AM  
Blogger ATLLG said...

Yer Cap...taint no way fer a Pirate to be a act'n... soooo..
Fuck You ye damn Pirate...get of ye ass and get the ship pointed in the right direction!

12:56 PM  
Blogger Still Searching... said...

Steel toed? Or would you prefer the running shoe variety?

Nah, I just couldn't kick the Pirate...but a spanking on the other hand...

OH BEHAVE!

:-D

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home