Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Brazen Billy's Business Report

Hello and welcome to the inaugural business report from the Pirate. If you're wondering WTF? is this about, you must have missed my FuckYou! Friday from a week or so ago when I saluted myself. I needed some help keeping my hook to the grindstone and a few of my blogger friends offered to keep my ass in line, I graciously accepted. Matter of fact one stopped by earlier to ask why the report wasn't up, gotta love her. Thanks MG.

Every Wednesday I'm gonna post the Three B's of my world; Bids, Bookings and Billings. They tell the tale of what's going on in these parts with the business. Here's the definitions of those terms for the newbies.

Bids - The total dollar value of the projects the Pirate has submitted bids on.
Bookings - The total dollar value of contracts the Pirate has closed (or Softball Slut, if I put that girl on commission I'll close every deal. Of course I need to get her some high quality knee pads.)
Billings - The total dollar value invoiced.

The mantra is if you don't BID it, you can't BOOK it, if you don't book it you can't BILL it. If you don't bill it - you go fucking broke. duh.

I planned on doing this weekly but since we're just getting started we're gonna post for all of August this time around. So here we go, it was a busy month for bids, there were a total of 10 projects that we submitted bids on for $199,162.00. Bookings were slow in August, only two contracts rolled in the door for a grand total of $8,190.00; if you consider that's all we bid in the months prior to August I guess it ain't bad. Billings for August were $14,377. Heh, that's why I have to keep the day job for a while longer.

I'm sitting here this afternoon waiting for a purchase order on a condo project downtown worth $24k, but it ain't here yet. Promises are nice but until it's on paper it don't mean shit. Maybe it'll be here in the morning...

So there ya go, the first of what I hope to be many installments of Billy's Bidness Report. I actually started working with my accounting software today so I'm thinking in a few days I should be able to run every financial report known to man. Not that I want to mind you but it'll keep the Mrs happy. Everybody knows that if Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy - even in the Pirate's world.

Later y'all.

3 Comments:

Blogger tm said...

This makes a pole dancing, bartending, hairdresser's head hurt. I knew there was a reason I don't deal with numbers!!!
Sounds like a good plan to keep you on track though.
xoxo
TME

11:26 PM  
Blogger April said...

Thank god MG is there to help keep you in line...it'll surely take many of us! ;-)

Sounds like you're moving in the right direction, sugar...keep that ass in gear!

Good luck with the condo project.

1:30 AM  
Blogger MG said...

I offer other services too...
you know,
beer running,
drink tasting,
pool temperature checking...
stuff like that.

just in case you need me.

:)

report done, don't you feel better now???

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home