Monday, December 04, 2006

I'm no Superman

Apparently...

Let's just say that the weekend didn't go anything like it was planned. It seems that this:
Will lead to this...










See them sexy shaved patches on my chest, and my legs, well that's where they attached the leads for the EKG and eventually the heart monitor. Dumbass Pirate... Seems that the Captain had what's called a "TIA" Friday evening when he was supposed to be out having fun. For the official definition check this out, for the simple answer say "mini-stroke" or brain attack. Yup, that's right, the pirate can't have a good time without something going wrong.

If you recall, when I left you Friday I was going out with the boys Friday night, we we're gonna go see boobies... Well... that never happened. Met up with the boys at T's house about 7pm, we smoked a bowl of some fine herb and decided that we'd hit a bar and shoot some pool before we went to see some fine adult entertainment. After a quick stop at the liquor store where the youngin's got bottles and I got a soda we headed to a little dive to play some pool and get our buzz on.

We grabbed a pitcher of beer and a table and I played the first game against J, should have known something was wrong then cuz I lost... anyway I sat down and finished my beer and poured another. I was perched on a barstool watching T and J shoot it out when something wasn't right. I was having a hard time seeing...

Within seconds I felt like I had been drinking all night and was severely fucked up. I couldn't see straight, I couldn't speak, I felt nautious and then I found out I couldn't walk. I was feeling very sick and decided that a chair would be much better for me than a barstool, I thought about going outside but didn't think I would make it. As I stood up from the barstool I stumbled forward and was about to go face down into the pool table when T caught me and set me back on the stool. He let go of me to ask what was wrong and apparently I fell down again. The rest of this story is second hand cuz I don't remember much of anything after this.

T says he caught me a second time and I couldn't respond to anything they asked me. They decided to take me outside to my truck and set me on the tailgate. Luckily the boys that work for me are some pretty good sized guys so they each took an arm and carried me to the truck, they told me that I was coming around and then my eyes rolled back and I went out again. I was out 3 times from what they said the longest being about 5 or 6 minutes, scared them to death. In reality they prolly should have called 911, live and learn, it all worked out. They were worried cuz we had smoked and been drinking; now before you ask, yes, that is all that we had done, no pills, no coke, no nothing else - just a little herb and some beer. I'm a pirate I can party all night long, this was fucked up, I hadn't even finished my second beer.

Most of the problems disappeared within a couple of hours, I had some lingering effects on Saturday but by Saturday night pretty much everything was back to normal. I still have a few things that bother me but so far so good. I didn't go to the hospital Friday night, just went to bed. My Friday night out lasted about 45 minutes counting the unconcious time on the back of the truck. dammit. Saturday morning I did the manly thing and decided that I really didn't want to see the doctor cuz I knew what he was gonna say, Saturday lunchtime I did the right thing and went anyway. The Doc decided he thought I had had a TIA and sent me to the hospital for some tests.

SO... I spent a lovely Saturday horizontal on a stretcher, I had a CATscan, and some bloodwork and a sonogram or two (no, I'm not pregnant), some Doppler work and a few Xrays. After all that I was told that they could not find any direct cause or any lasting damage. Lucky me. Gotta tell ya, I shiver at every little pain and bit of numbness now.

Called the boss in Cali yesterday and told him what had happened and that I was taking a few days off. Today this post comes to you from bed, where I am trying to relax and not think about all the shit I'm not getting done. I'll get over it, the unfinished shit that is (I hope).

Thanks to my boys I guess I'm gonna be okay, at least I don't have an ugly scar from slamming my head into the pool table, thanks T for catching me. Bitch of it is we didn't get to go out and see boobies. And needless to say I didn't make the concert yesterday either. Sweetpea came home last night limping on a sprained ankle and with a bloody knee - gotta love the pit.

Seems to be time for a little reassessment on how I am living my life. Haven't had a cigarette since the bar that night. That's making me crazy. Have tried to eat better the past couple days, guess we'll see how long it lasts. I'm supposed to reduce my stress levels as well, yeah, that'll happen. Anyway, that's how it is for now.

Hope y'all have great week and we'll see how well I do...

9 Comments:

Blogger ATLLG said...

Dude,

As a "more mature ships mate" let me first say glad you are ok.

Now I type for 20 minutes and the network here at work dumped me.

So quickly....as a LifeGuard...do what they tell you, please. We've never met but I know a hell of a guy is on the other end of this here internet. And there are more important people who want to be looking over at you and not down a hole in the ground towards you.

OH and I bet that was fun when the ripped off those EKG pads huh?

1:28 PM  
Blogger MG said...

damn Billy!
You write with, making light, joking, but I have to say, that scared me a little... I can't imagine having been there (AND WTF w/no 911????) men...geesh!

I'm glad you are ok, you better listen up and comply... I'm being totally selfish here, but I need you around for a VERY LONG TIME!

oh and... I love the bang up bald patches, they look so smooth, kinda makes me wanna put my tongue... wait... sry, got sidetracked.

2:50 PM  
Blogger erika said...

Holy shit!!

I am glad you went to the Doc's! How many time we have to tell you to stop working so dang hard!

Don't make me and Green Eyes have to tie you to the bed!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dammit Boss, you should have gone to the dr on Friday night. What would I do without you? No more body shots? No more naked Twister? Bad Boss. You need a spanking

1:56 PM  
Blogger Green Eyes said...

God Damn, Billy! I leave you alone for a few days and this is what you do???

I'm so glad you're ok, but the tying you down with Erika sounds kind of fun! We'll be nice... I promise!

So, does this mean you're not available Saturday night for a drink?

10:57 PM  
Blogger Fast_Eddie said...

Billy,
Welcome to that time of life when your body starts to fuck with you. I've been there, my friend. I had an irregular heartbeat and ended up with a stress test, thalium injection and nuclear imaging, and even got to wear a halter monitor for a day that recorded my vitals. They suggested I have sex while wearing the monitor, because they thought to would "be cool" to see what it did to my vital signs.

Take care of yourself and remember that, unfortunately, you're not a kid anymore.

10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

billy...i'm sorry that you were feeling so bad and probably a bit scared..i'm sure you don't want to relive that ever again...maybe you need MORE of that herb and not less? Just kidding...take care of yourself, okay? We need ya!!

12:31 AM  
Blogger DH said...

I'm late in my well wishes, but I am glad you're doing alright.

That had to be scary shit and given my own weight issues, I'm concerned about similar things.

I wish you hadn't had to go through it, but it does give me a little wakeup call too.

Keep us posted will you...and those pictures of your now less hairy chest...OUCH!!!!

3:15 AM  
Blogger CP said...

Um, next time...call your favorite nurse so I can make a housecall.

Jerk. Slow the hell down and don't you dare drop dead before you take me out for drinks...ya hear????

CP.

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home