Monday, January 22, 2007

Moday Update

Hey all! Had a lot of questions about the doctor visit last week. I have no news. Went Wednesday for an Echocardiogram and to drop some blood. During the echo I layed on my side and watched my heart beating on the TV, pretty freaky. First off this proves I do indeed have a heart, while this may damage my rep as a pirate so be it. It was cool to watch this organ contract and the valves open and close. I asked if they could email the video to me but they told me no. I can however take in a blank CD and they will burn me a copy. Maybe sometime I'll get a copy and post it - wouldn't that be cool? Have an appointment with a neurologist tomorrow, after that I'll visit my regular doctor and get all the news. Y'all know when I do, thanks for your concern.

Was a tough week for Sweetpea. The motor on her Tbird blew Wednesday night on her way home from work, she drifted to the side of 75 and called me. She handled it better than I ever would have expected, she was calm and locked herself in the car and waited for me to get there. I called AAA and they came to tow it about an hout later. We had been sitting in my truck waiting with the lights and the radio on... When the guy pulled out with the Tbird, I went to start the truck to follow him and I had a dead battery. oh shit. Luckily I had the drivers cell phone and he turned around, came back and jump started my truck. We got home about 1 am, what a day.

Friday she was driving her Mom's Trailblazer and the drivers side window broke, then Sunday at 7:30 am she was leaving for work in my truck and backed over my fucking flagpole, snapped it in half. What was left in the ground was bent at a 45 degree angle. The neighbor saw it later that morning and wondered if I had torn it down cuz the Bucs did so bad this year. She's not driving anywhere for the next couple of day so she should be okay.

Sunday morning I had an email from a Marine in Cali, he had been in the archives and read the story about Charlotte the Cardboard Cowgirl. He wondered if I still had her, which I do, and wanted to know if I could send her to them. Apparently the Marines ain't scared of no curse. He assured me that if she kept up her mischevious ways that they could dispatch of her "in a most spectacular fashion". Waiting to hear back from him with an address so I can mail her out. Semper Fi!

Have a meeting this morning for another job, this one's worth about $100k; if I close it, this will put me at 1/4 of my 2 year goal and we've only been up and running for 8 months. Not bad huh? Looking for capital investors, I need more office space and I need someone in the office besides me, we are bursting at the seams here. Hired my 4th field guy this morning and looking for 2 more, damn we are growing, and fast.

Got to run, more later. More on Gasparilla later this week too.

6 Comments:

Blogger April said...

Thanks for the update....finally...even though you've really no news. I've been thinking 'bout ya, Pirate.

Give Sweetpea a big hug for me. Poor girl.

1:33 PM  
Blogger tm said...

Wow, your business is doing great. I am so happy for you. Knew you would be a great success.
I will be waiting for the update from the doctor. Remember, don't over do. DELEGATE.
xo
TME

9:56 AM  
Blogger Still Searching... said...

Wow, you've been busy Sir Pirate. Glad to hear that everything's ok so far. *crossing fingers the doc has good news*

Well that would be the dreaded "three things" for Sweetpea. I hope things get better for her too!

11:27 AM  
Blogger ATLLG said...

Billy,
Glad to hear you have a heart but it would have freaked them out if they got to checking and couldn't find anything and looked back and you were just bones like in the POC movies. ( Strange stuff pops in my head sometimes...)

Wow, what a automotive week! Yikes. Hey check out
http://www.hi-techengine.com/
for the TB. Man I miss my Cougar that was that body style.

Great business news!

Uhhhhh what about Tuesday?

7:09 AM  
Blogger MG said...

good news for you :)

but.. I had one of those done and quite honestly, my take was a little different, it kinda made me sick, nauseated to watch, not that I'm squimish, not at all, but something about that being MY heart, and feeling it beat at the same time as watching, kinda creeped me out.

very cool about sending the "girl" out to the marines :)

8:58 AM  
Blogger erika said...

Ohh I knew you had a heart!!

I am glad everyone is doing good

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home