Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Wednesday's Business Report

Avast me hardies, come aboard; it be time for the weely bidness meetin'.

The old Pirate is gonna try to keep this up to date this year, well, at least posting it anyway. Quickbooks and Excel are keepin it up to date, which is cool cause a honest pirate acountant is hard to come by.

You'd have to dig pretty deep into the archives to find where Brazen Billy's Business Report started and since I ain't going back and looking for it I don't expect y'all to either. So, brief explanation of what we're talking about here is my three Bs. Bids - the $ amount of quotes we issued, Bookings - the $ amount of quotes that turned into contracts and billings - how much we invoiced. Thinking I should translate all this into Pirate lingo, but maybe next week.

For the first week of January 2007 we shaped up like this.

Bids - $13,045.00 (low)
Bookings -$226, 170.00 (that gives me wood)
Billings - $1,817.56 (that makes me panic)

Another very important B is the backlog, that is the amount of work we have under contract waiting to be performed. The jobs we submit quotes on are usually not done for at least 6 to 8 months, some are longer out, some happen right away, but 6 to 8 months is the average. So we always need that Backlog number to be high as that is the work we have to look forward to and it helps us work out our financial plans.

Current Backlog - $ 396,761.00 (not bad at all for now)

Considering that total billings for 2006 were just a bit over $100k, 2007 is shaping up to be a decent year. The current backlog is 20% of what I hope to build the company to, the business plan calls for us to have a backlog of $2 million in June of 2008. Now if I can just get the paperwork noose off my neck and get out and sell we may stand a chance of getting there.

Well thanks for not sleeping thru the meeting and a big thanks to my accountability partners for keeping me on the ball. Softball Slut I expect you - ummm, I mean the meeting minutes on my desk by noon.

And just so the entry today isn't a total boring loser I'm throwing in a pic I don't know why I didn't find before Xmas. So bear with a holiday photo of what could be the Pirate's very favoritest elf.

9 Comments:

Blogger erika said...

Wow thats great! You deserve a big pat on the back and a beer of course!

11:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So the billings doesnt look good. Maybe I need to do some coercion (sp?) to get some money? I could work my best Demi Moore on them. Striptease/thatothermoviewithMichaelDouglaswhereit'ssexualdiscrimination. What ever. I am game. And I have decided to just have a beer truck sent to the house everyday around 6:30 so we can rest relax, body shots. Whatever.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:34 AM  
Blogger ATLLG said...

OK...I've checked everything and once a particular bill has not been paid the system willl automatically kick our a nice little "reminder" it will also send QA surveys and payment thanks you.

And I'm not saying anything about the admin double posting with the whole Demi/Strip/body shots stuff. I'm not saying I don't wanna see anything I'm just a good mate about keeping my mouth shut cap'n.

3:50 PM  
Blogger Leigh said...

Whoo Hooo... What a great start to the year. I will have to cheers you when Erika passes me one of those beer.

Happy Hump Day.

4:23 PM  
Blogger April said...

congrats, Pirate...glad to see things are going well for ya!

i've the perfect way for you to celebrate...;-)

loves ya!

10:04 AM  
Blogger MG said...

I'm very impressed.
well done.

I've got a Hat Day Pic.. (it's not up yet), but...
kinda made me think of you ;)

12:18 PM  
Blogger Green Eyes said...

For someone that just started this, you're doing fucking awesome! I'm happy for you, Pirate!

Now, let's go have a beer!

10:13 PM  
Blogger tm said...

Ahoy there, I am so happy that business is going so well. But remember, you don't have to do everything yourself, DELEGATE!!!!
Have a nice weekend Billy.
xo
TME

2:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home