Wednesday, March 14, 2007

something of an update

Well, suffice it to say last week was the week from hell.

The accident was my fault, wasn't paying attention to what I was doing. As dear old Dad would say - I was rushing. Yep, Dumbass. Dumbass me. Had a major interruption to my schedule, Sweetpea was sick, really sick, and taking care of her took a major portion of my day. I was late picking up material to get to the guys and was leaving a parking lot; made a U turn around a truck and BAM! Hit a concrete pole, if I may quote MG, "Fuckity, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck!"

It's been 3 business days now and no-one from my insurance company has even looked at my truck to assemble an estimate. I started lighting a fire under their ass about 4 pm yesterday, I pay big money for commercial insurance so I'm a little upset (understatement). I need my fucking truck. Hopefully y'all don't have an insurance company that "may be" from another planet - if you get my drift. Cuz so far they SUCK!

By the time Friday rolled around I was down to 2 employees, that's a good thing. The one quit, another just hasn't called or shown up and the third, the one I wanted to leave, well, I laid him off Friday afternoon. Seeeeeya! Gotta say, after that, it was like someone lifted a semi off my shoulders. The stress and pressure was gone.

The new guy is living up to my expectations. He's been on two jobs so far and MADE me money on both. That's the way this is supposed to work. PROPS to the new guy!

Found out Monday that the old lead guy has lied to me about at least two jobs. Spoke with a super on Monday to find out that my guy had fucked things up, not the GC as I was told. The man told me that my guy had been told explicitly what to do and he continued doing as he always had. Again costing me money to fix. Another job I was told was completed was not, talk about surprised. Holy Shit, was I surprised. Gotta add that job back to the schedule. How could he possibly think that I wouldn't find out about that.

In the past. It's all in the past. Time to move on, bygones people.

This week has been all about moving forward and that we have been doing in spades well, 'cept for my truck and I would expect that to change today. IF it doesn't I'm gonna kick the insurance companies ass back to the planet they came from and then maybe a couple planets extra just for good measure.

Had a great weekend. Concert Friday night, party Saturday night and the theater on Sunday. It was great to enjoy all those things without the pressure of the old regime hanging over my head. The new crew kicks ass, and we're gonna keep it that way.

Have a great Wednesday peoples. Pirate out.

11 Comments:

Blogger April said...

So fuckin' glad things are going better for you, sugar. Now...who do I call to get that damn insurance company moving??

Hmmph...damn. And here I thought I was a friend and you didn't invite ME to the party?? ;)

9:13 AM  
Blogger MG said...

hell yeah to the stress relief.

moving forward, let's go together ;)

10:12 AM  
Blogger ATLLG said...

Hey since it's beat up all ready a baseball bat to the front of the truck would be fun...( What can I say it just popped in my head.)

Glad the pressure is off... ( my health side here ) ...cause stress fucks with ya cap'n.....so that is great news...

Care care...sorry I haven't been around as much. But hey where are the boobies... Do I need to guest post or what?

1:25 PM  
Blogger Still Searching... said...

YAY! Things are lookin' up for The Pirate!

Good to hear hon, good to hear.
:-)

6:46 PM  
Blogger erika said...

Sounds like you need a vacation!! One thing at a time Mister! Relax!

9:23 AM  
Blogger tm said...

Looks like smooth sailing ahead Captain. Glad to see you facing calmer seas. Now, get naked over here, will you???
xo
TME

11:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Boss! I thought we agreed no morecar accidents! I hope you are ok and if you need a back massage I know some great people!! Sorry I havent been around lately. You know the whole school and work, and life thingy. Hugs and Kisses

Your Assistant, Softball slut

6:25 PM  
Blogger Green Eyes said...

So happy to hear things are working out for you, I knew they would.

Hope you've had better luck with the insurance company now.

10:28 PM  
Blogger tm said...

OK Billy, Where is your half naked ass??? I stopped by to see a naked pirate, damn it??
Really, just waving at you and hoping you are enjoying fair wind and calm seas.

10:28 AM  
Blogger SwingTowns said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:11 PM  
Blogger CP said...

Everything is gonna work out, babe. It always does. Hope your babygirl is better.

CP.

7:11 PM

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home