Friday, February 23, 2007

Finally FuckYou! Friday

Haven't posted for a while so I figured I'd drop in for a bit this afternoon seeing as I have a few fuckyous to pass out.

While they mainly pertain to me, here we go.

Fuck Uncertainty
Fuck Doubt
Fuck Hesitation
Fuck Me.

I've been kinda dragging my feet with what's going on with the business. We've been gaining more projects and the backlog is increasing along with our credibility but, as usual, I've been killing myself getting it done. And the boys have been killing me with stupid mistakes.

I've spent a couple of $grand fixing dumb little fucking mistakes that they have made. Be it they don't know any better or they just aren't paying attention the shit finally hit the fan last week. I spent $1800 correcting something we got paid $1200 to do. Seriously, WTF? I told them how to do the work, they figured they were saving time and doing it faster hence everything would be okay. What ended up happening was that they royally screwed the trade that was coming behind us, that didn't go over well. In the scheme of things what they did wasn't that bad, they just didn't think ahead as to how it would affect anybody else.

Had another project that I had to refund almost a $grand to the customer for a problem that one of my guys caused. Add to that one of the little fuckers ruined $800 worth of material simply by not paying fucking attention to what he was doing. Turns out that same guy was responsible for the loss of a couple hundred dollars of tools as well - let me say now that particular employee was terminated last week.

I knew I needed help in here and all these things brought shit to a head. I placed an ad last week for some help, some help that will make things better. Today I hired a new man, not a boy like the rest mind you, a man. Someone with a background very similar to mine, someone who when in charge will not allow the aforementioned "stupid shit" to happen. I've been hesitating to hire someone like that simply due to the cost, judging by the crap that has been going on the last few weeks, I decided I couldn't afford NOT to hire this guy. What I've spent on fixing the boys fuckups would have paid this man's salary for a month and a half.

Another fantastic thing about this hire is that I will also be able to use him in the office in almost any capacity. His experience is vast and wide ranging. Not only these things make it a great thing but simply the fact of how much this hire has shaken up the rest of the staff makes me happy. Since the time I informed them I was going to be doing this they seem to be shaping up, they know that I will NO LONGER TOLERATE the stupid shit. One man in particular is shaking in his boots about this, hopefully he'll improve, if not he knows what's next.

I see great things coming.

I also signed a lease on some bigger office space, we move next week. It's right next door so the move shouldn't be too bad. I am nearly tripling my space and I get a window, yippee. This will allow me to bring someone else into the office as well. Can't afford that person as of right now but when I can I'll have room; and for now I won't be cramped into this little box anymore. THE BEST PART... we get to have the company name on the sign above the door. It may be silly but y'all don't know how much that means to me. Remember when Steve Martin got the new phonebook in "The Jerk"? Yeah, that kind of excited - I'm somebody now!

Y'all have a fantastic weekend, I'll be in the office for a great part of it but there is also some time to ride planned. Gonna get out the bike with the wind in my hair and ride, just ride.

** on a side note, new blogger won't let me post a pic. the little box isn't popping up - so fuck blogger too!**

8 Comments:

Blogger Still Searching... said...

Yeah, sometimes it's just worth it to pay for experience. Hopefully things will start getting better soon w/ the "new guy". The move sounds exciting too, so things are lookin' up already!

Congrats on said move btw, wow a window, you really are moving up!
:-) I remember when I first got my window...heee...it was an exciting day fer shur. I think people just really wished I'd shut up about it, but I was so darned HAPPY!

7:55 PM  
Blogger Still Searching... said...

Wow, hey, lookee there, I'm FIRST! That just never happens!

(Yes, I'm easy to please, easier yet to amuse.)

7:56 PM  
Blogger tm said...

Glad to see you are still alive and kicking Billy.
Sounds like you are getting things under control.
Just stopped by to wave at you.

12:04 AM  
Blogger MG said...

I second those fuck yous...

good resolution though on the issues...

now... better get those pics working before Tuesday!

9:53 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I may be crazy, but your work ethic and obvious worrisome personality may be a contributing factor in your health issues from last year.

I'm just saying. :)

Take a break my pirate!

7:55 PM  
Blogger ATLLG said...

I was just about to drop a digital quarter on your ass. Glad everything is uhhhh.. normal. Chuckle. I've gotten to run around and fix things other people have fucked up lately so I second, third and forth some of the FUs.

Take care. Becareful not to scratch those places in front of the window too much. You never know who the next big customer could be.

10:37 PM  
Blogger April said...

thinking of you, sugar.

sounds like great things are happening and coming up for you!

loves ya!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Green Eyes said...

The guy may cost, but look at what you will gain. Maybe a deep breathe now and again even! WOO HOO!

Sending you hugs!

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home